Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

TWIB

Baseaball beena berry berry good to me. Indeed this has been a very good week on the diamond. Both of my teams are riding their own 4-game win streaks at this moment. And my beloved Braves have taken 8 out of their last 10 to propel themselves above .500.

The Bravos have really kicked it in to high gear recently. Recognizing the fact that the pitching this year has ranged from mediocre all the way down to a level known as "are you fucking kidding me!" the bats have really carried this team thus far. Leading the pack is last years rookie sensation Jeff Francouer who has moved past his dismal start to rack up 10 homers and 36 RBIs of late.

This guy was 11 when I graduated high school

And let us not forget my namesake Chipper who knocked a 3-run walk-off dinger last night, continuing his meteoric rise from the DL. and who would have guessed at the start of the season that a rookie catcher from Athens would be leading the NL in batting average. This is what a team looks like when it is firing on most of its cylinders, and a great deal of credit has to go to Terry Pendleton who as hitting coach has kept the Braves in contention.

Turns out TP is just as good in the dugout

The Brew Crew on the other hand is also doing well. I've said it before and I'll say it right now...Prince Fielder is a fucking stud, and there is nobody else who could even contend for rookie of the year honors right now. I also have to give some props to Geoff Jenkins, I have never been a big Jenkins fan, his propensity to go into prolonged droughts have soured me on the lad. However this year he seems to be hitting with some consistency and I am starting to come around on him. However, as with the Braves, pitching is where it all goes screwy. Is Ben Sheets ever going to come close to being what was promised to Brewer fans? If the DL were a place I think he should buy a house and run for office there.

It wouldn't be Brewers baseball if this guy were actually pitching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home