Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Local news

I don't usually watch local news, which is unusual considering I spent the majority of my life plotting and scheming to get a job in said industry. However time passed and I have soured on the format based on the fact that its not about news. Seriously it's 20 minutes of water skiing squirrels wedged in between pharmaceutical commercials showing senior citizens running around acting like second graders with ADHD because of ziskjyd, or bilixidil. As if they had been living in a cage in a basement somewhere before Merk set them free.

But today I caught the first few minutes of a certain local newscast, I won't say which one but I will say that there are 4 yes 4 beers left in my fridge at the moment. They were talking about another of Milwaukee's finest who was charged with first-degree homicide in the morning, then went home and blew his blew his brains out in the afternoon. There was nothing left to do but...do a live shot in front of the house. Yes this station started their newscast by showing a reporter standing in front of the house of the deceased officer and even gave out the address. Now as if that wasn't bad enough they then did a live interview, right there, with the girlfriend of the person this guy was accused of killing and asked the question "how do you feel now that he's dead?" to which she replied that she was happy that this guy killed himself. All of this in front of the friggin house.

At that point I turned off the TV because I needed a shower.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

WTMJ... It's fannnnnnntastic!!

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home