Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

News

As most of you know I am a commercial avation buff, specifically (I guess obssessed is the correct word) with crashes. An Air France A340-300 from Paris (CDG) to Toronto (YYZ) went off the runway while landing in Toronto, and burst into flames when it hit a ravine. The amazing part is that at this point there seems to be no fatalities. Watching CNN right now, looking at shots of the wreckage, if that is true than it is truly miraculous. Even more so that today is the anniversary of Delta 191, an L-1011 that went down in Dallas, also in really bad weather...creepy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, that was pretty amazing. I was watching it too and figured some people were probably dead for sure. Glad it worked out as it did,

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Will said...

Well airplane crash buff maybe you should talk to my Dad sometime. I grew up in Dallas and he was working for Delta at the time of that crash (191). I remember not seeing him for 3 days while he was at the airport, night and day, helping pick up bodies and debris. We were at the airport when it happened, picking up my older sister who was visiting from Chicago.

10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home