Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Where's my broom?

Just because I've been on the road for the past couple of days and am now ensconced in the middle of nowhere, don't think that I haven't noticed that the Bravos swept the Nats to go 3 games up in the NL East. They had a good run but at the end of the day the Nationals are still just the Expos. Like the old saying...you can put a dress on a pig, but you can't take her to the prom. (sigh, if only) Plus I have never been that impressed with Frank Robinson's managing abilities. Just because somebody was a hall-of-fame player doesn't mean that they will automatically make a good manager. However now that they are in D.C., with some people watching them, they have a chance to be a real big boy baseball team, but not yet.

In the meantime the scrubs, I mean rookies, are still turning it up for the home team. This is why Bobby Cox is the best manager in the game bar none. Year in and year out he gets the most out of his players no matter what talent level they have. The Braves payroll gets smaller every year, and the turnover in players is huge compared to most teams, yet the Braves keep on winning. If you compare the rosters of the Braves and other winning teams from the last few years the Braves really do not have as many superstars in their midst. Sure you will find Gary Sheffield, and Greg Maddux among others, but these guys come and go with great regularity. The heavy lifting always seems to be done by Marcus Giles or Horacio Ramirez and the like, not exactily household names. Now where can I go to get my Jeff Francoeur jersey?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, shut up.

I can still kick your ass, white boy.

9:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you except that I have seen any number of guys take some real pigs to the prom.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home