Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Golden Turkeys

I know that this is old news, but since my blog was not up and running at the time I feel the need to comment, now. Just what the hell is going with the alma mater? All this crap just to go back to Golden Eagles!?! How many millions of dollars went down the drain for this PR disaster? That’s it. I want my money back. I mean it, the Marquette experience was great and all, but my degree turned out to be nothing more than an artfully decorated chunk of toilet paper. The only thing I have from my Marquette education is the ability to tap a keg, pour the perfect beer, and a shaky connection to an intermittently successful basketball team. Give me my money back and I can start all over again. I can move to South Carolina, go to Bob Jones University where I can major in, I don’t know, what do they have…Jew baiting I guess.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like me, you forgot(or thought of an ideal world where your brain would be valued over your ability to kiss ass(K) and go through random motions(x)) to get a degree that would have real world applications. Sadly, business now is not about your ability to think(T), but knowledge of xy. Now all those paper pushers whose main concern of the day is Carrie Underwood getting an endorsement deal are driving BMW's and making all their house payments and voting for Chimpy and think, boy he is just a swell motherfucker, I'd like to have a bee with him. One thing I hold onto when the darkness closes in(other then my little pack of cigarettes, which are always there,I love you little tobacco sticks of death)is that hopefully the housing market will crash and all those people will fucking take a bath! Remember, the ability to think is not valued in our world by others. Only the individual who creates something has value as an independent. And then only if he can find a way to make money off that idea(oh, wait am I describing capitalism).
T=poor but at least you are not a whore.

Aj

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Dammit Alex you took the brown acid again didn't you?

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't knock the golden chicken. I have two lovely pieces of paper from there that allow me to earn less a year than an undereducated track coach with a degreee from UW-Parkside. Just remember that the more educated you are, the less employable you become.

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home