Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Jeeeeeesssuusssssssss!!!

Fuck me!! did you see that?!? I think I'm still shaking. And that landing, center line all the way. Kudos to the crew for executing a flawless landing, although I doubt they will ever be able to wear the same pants again. Nevertheless next time I fly I want that pilot with his 40lb. cojones up front.

A bizarre twist to this story: one of the reasons I like JetBlue, besides the leather seats with relatively generous pitch(34')is the free satellite TV at every seat. People on the plane said that the system was on up to about 5 minutes prior to landing, and that they were following the story on all the cable news channels. That's worthy of a Twilight Zone episode right there.(paging Rod Serling) Plus 3 hours and 10 minutes just circling, I hope they opened up the bar.

On a lighter note: 3 hours and 10 minutes to go from Burbank to LAX? That's shitty even by L.A. standards.

P.S. As I mentioned earlier Larry King has no business being on the air during a Breaking News event. Unless Elizabeth Taylor, Fergie, and that blonde chick from Aruba are on the flight, give him the night off. C'mon CNN, suck it up and just pay Anderson Cooper and Aaron Brown the overtime. Fuck if it comes down to it, find Wolf Blitzer, pour a couple of Red Bulls down his throat and get his ass on the air!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

"On a lighter note: 3 hours and 10 minutes to go from Burbank to LAX? That's shitty even by L.A. standards."

Well done, young man. Well done.

11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, 3 hours from Burbank to LAX at 5 pm by car sounds about right. So what is the problem. The part I loved about the whole thing is that the people in the plane were watching their plane on cnn as they landed. I bet that never happens again.

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home