Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Swing and a miss from Leines

From time to time I need to have things explained to me. Cricket, for example. But no matter how much earnest people try to pour knowledge into my special ed. brain, I continue to fail to grasp major concepts (see cricket again)

Another prime example of this would be Leinenkugels apple spice beer, I don't get it. Now I am normally a BIG fan of everything that comes out of Chippewa Falls, but I have tried this apple spice stuff and I am, to say the least, underwhelmed. Adding to my confusion is the fact that everyone I run into is raving about it. This is not the first time I have been on the outside looking in on major trends in pop culture. It has now been years since it disappeared from the screen, and I still do not see what was so great about the X Files.

I don't get it. I like beer (duh) and I like apple pie, so why does this taste like Dick's grandmother threw up into a bottle?

4 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

You are absolutely insane and should be locked in a cage until to regain your senses.

Apple Spice is delicious.

10:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

d00d--

Flavored beer is for girls.

Wheat-based beer should be outlawed.

Beer is made from water, barley, hops and yeast.

Just trying to be helpful,

Mikey

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Mikey I am going to have to disagree with you, espically on the wheat beer comment seeing as that I have been trying to perfect the Belgian Wit style in my own (now darkend kitchen) for some time now.

Actually according to the reinheitsgebot, the German purity law of 1516, beer is only to include water, barley, and hops...no yeast. They used to conduct what was known as open kettle fermentation where ambient yeast would simply find its way into the vat.

They still do this in Belgian abbys where I actualy watched a monk climb a ladder to the top of a vat, and tap a cobweb to let the dust fall in. It was damn good beer too!

11:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>>
Mikey I am going to have to disagree with you, espically on the wheat beer comment seeing as that I have been trying to perfect the Belgian Wit style in my own (now darkend kitchen) for some time now.
<<<<

Jim--

I understand that universal balance hinges on the existence of evil, yang, the dark side, and wheat beer. That doesn't mean I have to swill the foul stuff, nor does it prevent me from shooting my mouth off inappropriately.

Awoo n'shit.

Mikey

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home