Chances are that if you are reading this you already know me. But if you are a stranger and you are looking for left-of-center political opinions, rambling, senseless rants, and coverage of the Atlanta Braves that can only be described as severely manic-depressive...Welcome!!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sloth

My laziness knows no bounds. The light in the kitchen here at le maison du Chipper went out about 4-5 days before I headed out to the parental estate for Christmas, and I returned today to find my kitchen bathed in darkness again.

Here is the question: When will I replace the light? Keep in mind several factors:

1) The ceilings here in le maison are about 9' ft. and the fixture is one of those old fashioned ones that requires a screwdriver to take off the heavy glass cover.

2)Tonight's evening meal was Szechuan beef from William Ho's. But in the days before I left I cooked, every night, in the dark. So my willingness to put up with pain in the ass conditions in order to circumvent a small amount of work is powerful indeed.

3)The light in the fridge still works, illuminating my collection of barley pops. And the ambient light from the adjacent dining room makes it possible to find junk food, so I have found ways to compensate.

So, how long will it take me to replace the damn bulb in my kitchen? Give me your estimates. bonus points to anyone who can tell me where the phrase "barley pop" comes from.

3 Comments:

Blogger MrHinge said...

Hard for me to give an estimate, but I'm guessing if you move a Lamp in the Kitchen it's gonna throw off everyone's guess by atleast a month or so.

4:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

d00d--

My guess is that you've already replaced it. Ha! Another use for the square root of negative one.

Oh, and you Midwesterners are so quaint. Everyone knows it's pronounced "barley soda."

Just trying to be helpful.

Regards,

Mikey

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least 3 months, that's my guess.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home